|Saw this funny shirt on DryBar's Insta feed, hightailed it to Etsy, and snapped it up immediately.|
Are you guys doing anything fun this weekend? We're off to the Hamptons just for one day, then coming back to hang with some local friends. Related: How the hell is summer almost over??
Whatever you're up to, have a great long weekend!
• My first fall fashion purchase? This sleek black blazer with faux-leather sleeves. It's under-$100 and so cool.
• One of those funniest things I've read in a long time: Funny because it's oh. so. true. Said the mom who is guilty of way too many of these things including buying Bento boxes for her child's lunchbox, personalizing their backpacks, photographing her kid on the front steps, cutting said kid's cheese into flower shapes, and...I'll stop now. #help
• These gold sunglasses are amazing. Want, want, want.
• What fragrance lover wouldn't love this cute, $50 sweater emblazoned with a sequined perfume bottle?
• Kate Bosworth's braid game is next-level pretty. Exhibit A and B. Both so, so good.
• This outfit is simple but stunning--I can't stop thinking about it. Definitely recreating it soon.
• This eight-year-old fashion critic commenting on the Emmys dresses cracked me up.
• I was practically drooling reading this recipe. Yummmm.
• What's really in your Pumpkin Spice Latte. (Spoiler: It ain't pumpkin.)
• I really want to commission one of these beautiful custom oil paintings.
• Beauty product names that make you say 'Hmmm.'
• Loved this piece on the power of siblings. Definitely worth a read if you have brothers or sisters--it made so many interesting points. This part kind of sums it up: "The sibling relationship is life's longest lasting relationship, longer, for most of us by a quarter of a century, than our ties to our parents...It lasts longer than our relationship with our children, certainly longer than with a spouse, and with the exception of a few lucky men and women, longer than with a best friend."
• And because you know I love me a good blowout--and a good pair of sunglasses--I had to share this news: DreamDry is teaming up with Cohen's Fashion Optical for a cool contest where you could win a makeover at the salon and two pairs of Gucci glasses. Fun, right? For details on how to enter, click here. (Note: This is not sponsored--just thought it sounded fun!)
And in case you missed it, this week I...
• Shared my #1 rule of online shopping.
• Recreated the sweet-meets-edgy outfit seen on Grace Atwood of Stripes & Sequins...for my four year old.