This week was a busy one at work, so I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a little down time. My long weekend is shaping up to be a busy one though. Today I'm taking the day to venture out to Brooklyn for a fun outing with my daughter. (More on that here soon!) Then, Saturday and Sunday, I'm going to be spending time with friends old and new, hanging out with the kids (cross your fingers that the weather will be nice enough that we can actually step out of the house), getting my tax stuff in order (ugh), and squeezing in a barre class.
In the meantime, here are a few fun things that made me smile/laugh/think this week. Enjoy!
• The most honest YouTube beauty tutorial you've ever seen. And quite possibly the funniest.
• This beautiful, amazing, perfect bag is haunting me. Waaaannnnt. Itttt.
• Have any of you guys seen (or tried?) this Sony lens that attaches to your smartphone to basically turn it into a DSLR? I'm dying to check it out! If it works, it will seriously be a gamechanger for me. My "good camera" is awesome, but lugging it around feels like a kettlebell workout.
• Loved this DIY for a sparkly gold confetti table runner. So pretty and festive!
• Ilana's hilarious, touching, and downright dramatic account of trying to track down her daughter's lost lovie really spoke to me. Partly because it was really well-written (Mommyshorts has fast become one of my very favorite blogs), and partly because my daughter has a lovie, too. Its name is Bunny and I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I literally live in near-constant fear of Bunny getting lost. #parenting
• I had one of Bouchon Bakery's fancy-schmancy "Oreos" yesterday, and they were heaven. Heaven. I found the recipe online (score!) and really want to try making them.
• They say everyone has a doppelganger somewhere in the world. This photographer proved it. (Crazy that these people are strangers, right??)
• Pinned this vintage photo of Cindy Crawford (my all-time favorite model) this week--she's just too amazing. Fun fact: Back in the day, I dressed up like Cindy and reenacted her Pepsi commercial for my high school talent competition, and did an oral report on her for 10th grade English class. #stalker?
Have a great weekend!