|Pretty chocolate (!) jewels from The Frosted Petticoat|
This weekend the big moment will be my daughter's first ballet recital! I'm so excited to see it, because over the past few weeks, she has been super secretive about the performance, refusing to demonstrate any of it, save for a single plie. (And I'm really hoping that's because she doesn't want to spoil the surprise--not because she only remembers one move. Oy.) And because she just announced that she can't wait to get post-recital flowers "like Fancy Nancy did in the Mermaid Ballet book," I'll also be sneaking out on Sunday morning to buy those. Beyond that, I'm planning to squeeze in a barre workout or two, while dreaming of somehow being able to steal away to see The Fault In Our Stars. Whatever's on your agenda for the weekend, I hope you have a great one!
• This maxi dress has "summer date night" written all over it. I actually tried to buy it at my neighborhood Anthro this week, but they only had one (wrong-sized) one left. I'll be buying it online asap before they sell out there, too!
• These clever Emmy ads for Mad Men deserve an Emmy themselves. They're genius.
• I am really loving everything Tory Burch is doing right now. Isn't this just the perfect summer work dress? And how about the incredible embellished collar on this gorgeous LBD?
• Cinnamon roll sugar cookies = DROOL.
• This cute "Oh Kale Yes!" t-shirt made me giggle.
• A fascinating story about John Green, author of The Fault in Our Stars. (Is anyone seeing it this weekend? I think it's been about five seconds since I mentioned that I want to so bad!)
• ICYMI: This week, I dressed like a glittery four-year-old, and asked if I was nuts for contemplating this $500 swimsuit.