|Clockwise from top left: Amazing clutches that I drooled over in the closet at work; a four-armed blowout (nothing's better) by Paul Perez at Sally Hershberger; a girl and her dog; menu from the delicious dinner at Locanda Verde for the Brides staff (although mine looked a wee bit different as I ate the gluten-free, dairy-free, pasta-free version! Still great, though.)|
So it's officially fall! I'm not typically a big fall person (because, in my book, it's little more than a constant reminder that winter is fast approaching), but I have to admit that I'm loving this weather. Cool, but not too cold; cute-jacket weather in the morning, warm enough to shed it by the afternoon. What's not to like?
Hoping this weekend will be low-key--it's looking that way so far (yay!). Have a great one and I'll see you next week! In the meantime, here's a few fun things...
• Such a good fall jacket! Totally one of those pieces that you'd wear every single day.
• This piece on being excited for your hair to turn gray made me laugh...and I don't think it was supposed to. The writer, who is in her early 20s, found her first gray strand and writes that she "couldn't have been happier." Bless her heart. Talk to me again in ten, fifteen years when you've found about 500 more. ;) (By the way, I'm not "anti-gray hair" and I don't have a problem with allover gray. On the right person--with a lot of TLC--that can look very cool. It's the twenty, thirty plus years of that in-between stage until you get there that sucks!)
• I went a little nuts at Madewell this week and bought three new dresses for fall. This one, this one, and this one. All reasonably priced and all so cute. So excited to break them out!
• Can't get these amazing gold jeweled flats out of my head ever since Grace posted about them a few days ago. I mean, has there ever been a shoe more "Sparkly Life" than these? Yeah, I think not. Want Need. Buying. Join me?
• How pretty is this flirty, voluminous, '60s-esque hair?
• If you haven't seen this video of John Oliver taking down the Miss America pageant, drop everything and watch it now. It's laugh-out-loud funny (I actually had tears in my eyes from cracking up!)...and also exposes a supersketchy practice of the pageant that most people don't know about.
• Yikes! Check out this short video of sky-high yoga (a.k.a. yoga for idiots).
• Such a cute, cheery sweatshirt.
• This couch though!
• These carrot cake energy bites look yummy--and healthy!
• How big one serving of vegetables really is. (Crap!)
• Cutest-ever DIY for Halloween cupcake toppers. So making these!
And, in case you missed it, this week I...
• Shared openly (and, hopefully, funnily!) about what a day home alone with my kids is really like. And it's actually on track to become one of my most popular posts of all time--wow! (But, please, let's never speak of my McDonalds shame ever again, 'k?)
• Showed the most gorgeous red lips look--plus, gave my favorite tips for wearing red lips even if you're not a "red lips person."