|Testing red lipsticks at work...|
I'm sorry for the posting delinquency over the last few days--let's just say, I've had a lot going on this week! But of course that didn't stop me from reading, coveting, and laughing my way across the web. Here's a few of my favorite finds:
• I bought this dress last week, wore it this week for the first time, and am totally obsessed. So cool, so flattering--it's my new go-to for work, for sure.
• Allure announced the 2014 Best of Beauty winners! Having worked there for nearly six years, I can tell you firsthand that a TON of testing and scrutiny goes into these picks, so you know they're good ones.
• Over-the-knee boots are usually crazy expensive. But these are super cute and the price is right. (Thanks for the lead, Dominique!)
• I made this soup a few nights ago after finding it on Felicia's blog and it was SO. GOOD. (Super healthy, too!)
• Considering I'm still rocking the 4s (complete with a snazzy cracked screen!), I'm buying an iPhone 6 today. (Hopefully I'll already have it by the time you read this...!) This chart helped me choose which of the two to get. Deciding factor: I can't deal with a phone that's bigger than a Pop Tart.
• Possibly the prettiest, most perfect wavy lob that I've ever seen.
• Love! This DIY quote pillow looks supercute--and so easy.
• It is MINDBOGGLING that any of these horrifyingly controversial toys ever got made. How? How??? (Though I have to say: I agree with the author: The breastfeeding doll isn't such a big deal. Everything else though? Yikes.)
• These potato nachos look all kinds of yum. I want to recreate them with sweet potatoes to make them even healthier.
• This Instagram cracked me up.
• Boo on you, Annie's Shells & White Cheddar. :(
• Oh, hi, ridiculously perfect radiant skin.
• A good reminder about waiting.
• This amazingness has got to be fake, right? Update: Holy crap, I think it might be real. #Iwanttogotothere
And in case you missed it, I...
• Shared the beauty routine (and awesome tips and tricks!) of my friend, Eleanor, the CEO of Paintbox.
• Talked openly about balancing work life and mom life.
• Decided that I want to dress like a Game of Thrones character.