|My week, clockwise from top left: Heading to school in an adorable new Gymboree outfit; most delicious (and filling!) cleanse ever from Urban Remedy; on the big-boy swing; a launch event for Bath & Body Works's upcoming fragrance|
This week, man. Let's just say, I had a lot going on. And this weekend will be no different: Marathon appointments today, a baby's first birthday bash tomorrow, and a baby shower for my dear friend Ashley on Sunday.
But first, I have to take a moment to congratulate my good friend (and former #beautybrownstone housemate!) Amy Keller Laird on just being named EDITOR IN CHIEF of Women's Health magazine!! I am SO thrilled for her. They couldn't have chosen a smarter editor or a cooler person. Congrats, Amy--I'm so excited to see what you do there!
That's it! So, check out the links below, ENTER MY GIVEAWAY, and have a great weekend!
• My current beauty obsession: Totally incredible, totally worth the hype.
• This Ray Rice inspired YouTube makeup tutorial is amazing and this girl is AWESOME.
• Kind of the perfect laid-back-but-still-pulled-together sweater. Want! Actually, I'll take the entire outfit. #kthanxbye
• Such a gorgeous take on the fishtail braid.
• I plan to wrap myself up in this cozy cardigan around Thanksgiving--and then stay bundled up in it until spring.
• Hilarious Forever 21 fails.
• Wow, this is eye-opening: What French Kids Eat For Lunch. (Spoiler alert: It's a helluva lot better than what American kids are eating.)
• I love this Tumblr so much!
• Are you guys following my friend, (and Allure beauty news editor) Cat O'Neill, on Twitter? Definitely do so, otherwise you'll miss gems like this.
• Love this outfit on Meghan! Will be buying the exact same dress and copying her immediately. ;)
• New York on Instagram vs. New York In Real Life = so. much. truth.
• Meg had an awesome post on six must-watch documentary movies. I haven't seen any of them--but now every single one is on my list.
• Quick read that will really make you think: Five Regrets Of the Dying.
• If you miss the days of watching top-notch chefs cook in serene, airy kitchens, you'll love this: How One Man Destroyed the Food Network.
• Caution: This image may cause you to get a little weepy. #sniff
• I made this (gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free) coconut rice twice this week and it was soooo good.
• Ballerinas + wedding dresses = glamour.
• Having worked at magazines for over a decade writing what's basically exactly the type of story they're making fun of, I loved (and cringed through!) this New Yorker piece.
And in case you missed it, this week I...
• Shared my favorite new jewelry finds.
• Hosted this giveaway!