You guys, I cannot stop thinking about Chrissy Teigen. And I'm not talking about her brilliant twitter, her blog, or that cry-face meme. I'm talking about her Golden Globes ponytail. It was heaven, no? The messy, "oh-this-old-thing?" style looked amazing with her gown on the red carpet, but it would look just as appropriate with jeans and a tee on a date (or a playdate). It makes me want to wear my hair wavy, which is MAJOR. I'm certifiably obsessed, people.
You too? Here's how to recreate it:
1) Work a volumizing mousse through wet hair (Chrissy's hairstylist, Giannandrea, used Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer), then blow it dry using a round brush (this one is my all-time favorite).
2) Use a 1-inch curling iron to create waves allover your head. (This is a great, affordable curling iron that all the pros use.)
3) Take a dollop of styling cream (Giannandrea used Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream) and rake it through your hair with your hands to add piecey definition and to break up the curls.
4) Pull your hair into a high ponytail, just below the crown, and secure it with a hair tie. Use your fingers to pull the tail apart to make it bigger and fluffier. Don't try to be too perfect. Flyaways are your friend here.
5) Take a small section of hair, wrap it around the base of the ponytail to hide the elastic, and hold it in place with a bobby pin or two.
6) Spritz the whole thing with flexible hairspray. (This one is a classic and so good.)