|When the weather is as frightfully cold as it's been and the cabin fever is at maximum levels, might I suggest having a bubble dance party in your basement?|
So every time I'm tempted to apologize for not posting as much as I'd like (like this week), I try to remind myself of this: No one but my mother noticed. (And, actually, she's on vacation this week with no wifi, so there goes that.)
Am I alone in this? Do you guys notice when your favorite bloggers miss a day of posting? Do you notice if I post three, four, five times one week and then (gulp) twice the next? And if you do, do you even care? I would actually LOVE to know.
That said, I did post today (woo!), so here's a few fun links. Enjoy!
• I thought my husband was insane when he bought this bubble machine. But now I think he's genius. It has been saving us on the weekends when we can't take the kids to the park or....anywhere, really. We switch on the machine; turn on some Becky G, Katy Perry, and Taylor Swift videos on Apple TV; and sit back while my kids have a "bubble dance party." (See above!) Kids and bubbles, man.
• Gap has been killing it lately with their sweatshirts. They're cute and very reasonably priced. I love the quilting and boxy cut of this one and this tropical print is kind of amazing, no? (Best part: The sweatshirts--and everything else on the site--is on sale through tomorrow. Use code MAJOR for 30 percent off.)
• My daughter is really getting into Dr. Seuss lately, so I was excited to see that there's a new, long-lost Dr. Seuss book coming out! Just pre-ordered it here.
• Death to The Chicken Finger: A fascinating examination of how we've managed to create a generation of picky eaters.
• I'm obsessed with this beauty look. (Even if I'm too chicken to actually pull it off in real life!)
• I made this sticky apricot chicken earlier this week and it was so yummy, had very few ingredients, and was super, beyond easy.
• An awesome takedown of the suckage that is TV news these days.
• This blush pink leather moto jacket is heaven on earth.
• I'm featured on the Retail Me Not blog this week sharing some winter fashion favorites!
• A little post-Valentine's Day truth for my fellow moms out there.
• Bailey McCarthy, (the awesome interior designer I'm working with who I introduced you to here) and her company Biscuit Home, just launched their latest bedding collection (Boone and Bloomsbury) and it is so good.
• I can't wait to see this documentary about the surprisingly small group of people who have been behind the misinformation dissemination for everything from tobacco to toxic chemicals to climate change.
• What happens when an abandoned Walmart becomes the world's coolest library.
• The snow situation in Boston is just insane. If you live there, tell me: Is it is terrifying as these pictures make it look?! They seriously freak me out!
And in case you missed it, this week I...
• Shared my favorite nail polish, two gorgeous lip colors, a cool (and crazy-good-deal!) bag, and more.