|Downtime between Mom 2.0 sessions. (That's my friend--and roommate!--Michelle of Homemade Mimi in the background.)|
Hello from Scottsdale, Arizona! If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I'm out here for Mom 2.0, a blogging conference. I'm having a great time: learning a ton (yay!), eating a ton (eek), and meeting lots of cool, inspiring people.
I miss the fam though! I finally just talked to my kids for the first time since I arrived a day and a half ago. (I got confused about the time difference twice and missed them in my first two attempts--d'oh!)
Speaking of that time change, I've also been waking up at 4 a.m. here, which means I've had a good amount of time to waste on the internet. So here's a few fun links. Enjoy!
• I wore this Ace + Jig dress yesterday (that's it above!) and got so many compliments. It's cute and kind of different, but also super comfy, and roomy enough that you can have a huge lunch and no one will be the wiser. Note: I recommend ordering one size down. I got a small (and I'm always, always a medium) so that it's not crazy baggy.
• I'm in the middle of reading Big Little Lies right now (it's fun and easy), but I'm super excited about what's next on my list: Last night, I met author Jillian Lauren, who was so cool! I have been meaning to read her book Some Girls forever (it's the true story about her life as a member of a the Prince of Brunei's harem--yep, really), so I just downloaded it. I also preordered her new memoir, which comes out in a few days and also looks fabulous.
• Here at the conference, I'm rooming with my friend Michelle (that's her in the background above), who I actually met at BlogHer last year. She is a DIY and parenting blogger at Homemade Mimi, BUT she also (drumroll)...has a TV show premiering on TLC May 10th! I can't wait to see it. Please watch!
• So many parenting gems from Louis C.K. here. I especially loved this one: "The greatest thing about having a child is putting yourself second in your own life. It's a massive gift to be able to say you're not the most important person to yourself."
• 25 people every New Yorker knows--and hates--on the subway.
• How one person found his dream life by working remotely. (h/t Felicia)
• DryBar is one of my favorite places (duh), but it's also one of my favorite success stories. Loved reading this piece about the business side of it.
• When watching Orphan Black, I am consistently blown away by how you completely forget that there is only one actress playing almost every. single. character. This insight into the role hair and makeup plays in differentiating the characters is so interesting.
• Do you love telling people what to read? Then maybe you should own a bookstore.
• Nicki Minaj played a bar mitzvah recently--and this guy spent way too much time dissecting one of the photos from the event. (And it's kind of amazing.)
• The latest thing in Asia? Dogs with their fur cut into (crazy) geometric shapes.
• Did you guys get anything from the Lily Pulitzer for Target collection? I got a few dresses for my daughter (and was actually pretty impressed with the quality--they're also so cute on her). This roundup of girls mad about the collaboration cracked me up.
And in case you missed it, this week I...
• Talked about the differences between "Fun Parents" and "Not-Fun Parents." (Which one are you?)
• Shared the beauty tricks, tips, and favorite products from one of the biggest beauty editors in the business.
Have a great weekend!