|Photo via Cherubina|
And now, this weekend is actually uncharacteristically packed, too. We've got two children's birthday parties, a night out with grown-up friends, and then Sunday, I'm going on a local "secret garden" tour, which I promise, is less geriatric than it sounds. (It's a great way to be a total snoop and see the insides--and backyards!--of fancy houses in the neighborhood.)
In the meantime, here are a few fun links to check out. Enjoy!
• Where has this beauty product been all my life? It basically erases my pores and makes my foundation look a zillion times smoother and better. And it's from the drugstore. Love.
• A simple but profound idea.
• And now for a book report: I finished this book last week (amazing--I looked like a crazy person crying on the train while reading it multiple times), quickly tore through this one (funny and really good), and am now reading this one, which I'm really enjoying--it's dark but still an easy, good read.
• These spirit eye dishes are so cute.
• What happens when one woman leaves her makeup on for a month. (Eek.)
• These famous interior designers discover Pinterest! Four years late. #LOL
• Loved this piece on "social engineering" and the role mothers often play in making their children's classmates feel excluded. And really loved the message of "Teach your kid by example to include."
• One of the all-time biggest mommy bloggers talks life after mommy blogging.
• The 33 best ice cream shops in the U.S. (So excited that Cliff's in Lake Hopatcong, NJ, made the cut. Their cookie dough ice cream is life-changing! It contains cookie dough AND pieces of actual cookie, people. Yep.)
• The horrible reason this woman received her doctorate 77 years late.
• Don't these sugared berries look delicious?
• The all-time funniest restaurant review.
• Thoughts on the future of small-time bloggers.
And in case you missed it, recently I...
• Showed the before and after of my outdoor space makeover.
• Talked about whether it's ok to kiss your kids on the lips.
• Asked for your help on painting my walls this color.
• Hosted a fun giveaway for an exciting new home decor book.