|Snap from my Snapchat (alyssahertzig)|
Geez. This week, you guys. It was craaaazy busy. But for all good reasons! I spent most of it working on an exciting project with a beauty brand, which I'll be sharing with you soon. But of course, if you follow me on snapchat (@alyssahertzig), you already know that because you got a sneak peek! ;) (And if you don't follow me yet, hurry up, because the snaps from last night's shoot will be there until 7pm or so tonight!)
What else? Oh! Hard to tell in the photo above, but I got highlights! (Breaking news, I know! haha) My hair feels so different--so much lighter! Big thanks to Jacob at the Serge Normant at John Frieda salon for my new look.
This weekend we're taking the kids to an indoor waterpark, which means I have to get into a bathing suit way earlier than I ever thought I'd be getting into one (help). Then, I'll spend Sunday recovering, and hopefully, finally taking a nap...!
Whatever you're up to this weekend, I hope you have a great one. Here's a few fun links to check out in the meantime.
• At the shoot I mentioned above, I wore these lace-up flats in gray. They were purchased by the stylist, but I totally fell in love with them, so she let me have them. Woo hoo! They are so comfy, SO cute, and they look so much more expensive than they are. (They're actually under $80!) They remind me so much of these Loeffler Randall shoes, but of course, they're over $200 less!
• This dress is really cool--and so different!
• My former boss wrote this and it's so funny: Self-tanner tips for Donald Trump.
• It's such a surreal time in the magazine industry these days, you guys. Every day, it seems like there's another title closing or laying off people. This week, it was More magazine shutting down. So many talented people--including my friend and beauty editor legend Didi--worked there, so it's just so, so sad. Please don't forget to buy print, people!!
• Little kids reading to timid shelter dogs is the cutest thing ever.
• This pretty, frothy pink dress is expensive, but I cannot. stop. thinking about it.
• Ahhh! I want this dress, too! Love how a couple of ruffles make a simple chambray dress feel so special.
• You're welcome: This male model looks exactly like a young Leo DiCaprio.
• So cool! Mattel is launching a 3D printer for kids, so that they can print their own toys! It won't be available until the fall, but you can preorder it now.
• Can't wait to try making this Thai Shrimp Soup. It looks so easy and so good.
• Then, I'm going to make Hitha's Secret Ingredient Chili. Love her sneaky addition--such a smart idea!
• Gah! When these sunglasses hit stores, I want them so bad!
And in case you missed it, I...
• Showed off my favorite new dress...and got photobombed by my daughter.
• Gave a glimpse into my birthday party--my surprise birthday party!
• Rocked my winter uniform: skinny jeans and a cozy, oversized sweater.