Friday, March 11, 2016
17 Cool Things You Need to Click On Today
The past week or so has been full of birthday planning (my daughter's party is this weekend!) and fun beauty events. Two highlights: I got to check out Van Court, a great new healthy nail salon in the Financial District, and I stopped by Guerlain to play with their new bronzers. (See above! BTW, Guerlain makes some of the very best bronzers. This one even comes in six different shades!)
Whatever you're up to this weekend, I hope it's a great one. Here's a few fun links to check out in the meantime!
• At first glance, I totally thought this pink leather bag was Balenciaga. (But it's way cheaper!) How great is it??
• I want this dress! Can't decide whether to do black or white though. Both are so good!
• I'm in desperate need of some cute bathing suit coverups. Right now, this one and this one are at the top of my list. Both so cute!
• Speaking of bathing suits, I just ordered this black one-piece. They say it makes you look ten pounds skinnier in ten seconds and THAT WAS ALL I NEEDED TO HEAR!
• I made this Toasted Pecan Chicken earlier this week and it was SO. FREAKING. GOOD. Simple, too!
• These crawler earrings are so pretty. And surprisingly affordable!
• Wine + food + BABYSITTERS FOR YOUR KIDS?? I know this review of Au Fudge (the new Jessica Biel-owned, kid-friendly restaurant in L.A.) is kind of knocking it, but I so want one to open in NYC!
• How perfect is this braided updo?
• My friend Amy made this Donald Trump pancake. Kind of hilarious, no?
• I'm intrigued by Grace's review of this natural deodorant that actually works. (Because I've never found one!) Can't wait to try it.
• Okay, taking a quick serious turn here: There's an invisible heart attack so deadly, it's called "the widowmaker." Eek. Here's a crazy story about a woman who actually survived one.
• These dolls may look like American Girls, but they're designed to inspire your kids to become CEOs, coders, and engineers. Click here to check out their story on Kickstarter.
And in case you missed it, I...
• Rocked a metallic gold midi skirt.
• Introduced my seriously awesome (if I do say so myself) beauty swag bag giveaways. (Also, if you didn't win this time, keep checking in. I'll be doing more beauty swag bag giveaways about once a month!)
• Revealed the world's best sweater.
• Mused tearfully on my daughter losing teeth--and turning six.
• Flashed back to my daughter's first birthday.