|Second row at Hamilton, baby!|
It's Friday, you guys--we made it! So, how was your week? The highlight of mine was that I finally saw Hamilton! I actually bought the tickets back in JANUARY (!), so this has been a long time coming. Here's the thing: I knew I would like it, but I was honestly a little nervous that I was going to be at least somewhat disappointed. I mean, the show has gotten so much hype, and when is anything ever as good as the hype, right? Well, this is when.
You guys, it was SO good. The music is awesome and every moment is just so well done. I totally enjoyed it when I was watching it, but I actually think I appreciated it even more later after I got home, and in the days that have followed. I stayed up late that night listening to the music, and I've been listening to it ever since. The show is really, really worth it. And it's even better than the hype.
My one tip: Several people told me to listen to the soundtrack before the show, so that I could familiarize myself with the lyrics--many of which are sung and spoken very, very quickly--before going. I did not do this and I'm so glad I didn't. The only song I sort of knew was the opening number, which they sang a portion of on Lin Manuel Miranda's Carpool Karaoke. As a result, every song, every moment, felt fresh and surprising. I loved it all and highly recommend it. (And if you go now, will you take me with you?? I want to go again!)
So, that was my week--and now I'm ready for the weekend! Whatever you're up to with yours, make it a great one. Here's a few fun links to check out in the meantime!
• Have you guys entered my giveaway yet? You could win a bag full of amazing beauty products worth over $1,000!
• Whoa. I bought this cool brown (faux) leather jacket a few weeks back and now it's on sale for $99! Run! I can vouch for the fact that it's very cute in person and looks way more expensive.
• I totally have my eye on these $150 boots. Should I get black or brown? (Don't say both.)
• I just bought this crushed velvet dress in blue and it's totally giving me '90s flashbacks. (I basically lived in crushed velvet for much of the early part of that decade.) So excited to wear it this fall!
• This pretty dress is really great, too--and it's on sale for $96.50 right now! Love those lace sleeves.
• I need this pink coat, right? It's so fun--and it's 25% off right now with code BESTDRESSED.
• I got a sneak peek at the brand new Nars Velvet Lip Glides awhile back and I've grown to love them. The formula is awesome. It's kind of a cross between lipstick and gloss (lots of color payoff like a lipstick, but with the super shininess and the texture of a gloss). And there are so many good colors! My favorite is Bound (a rosy pink), which has totally become my new everyday lipcolor. If you're more adventurous than me, try La Main Bleue (a cool grape-y purple), Toy (a dark, on-trend-for-fall burgundy), or Mineshaft (a bright poppy red).
• How gorgeous is this marble cheese board?
• My friend Elizabeth wrote an amazing piece about how moms shouldn't be shamed for not taking their kids to the first day of school. It's awesome.
• If you haven't read this too-crazy-to-be-true-but-it-actually-is-true story of a PTA mom being framed for drug possession, drop everything and read it NOW. It's more a mini book than an article--will probably take you 45 minutes to an hour to finish it--but it is so, so worth it.
• These PB&J cookies are the cutest thing ever.
• I pinned Grace's recipe for Frose (frozen rose!) the second I saw it. Need to try it asap!
• Dude. Back in the day, my dorm room did not look like this.
• This article makes me terrified of goldfish.
• Love that this cool company lets kids design their own dresses! Totally doing this for my daughter.
• This sunny bedroom is just dreamy.
SHOP THE POST