|image from the spring/summer 2010 Aritzia lookbook|
Oprah may have her "a-ha" moments, but I had an "a-duh" one this week. See, I've realized lately how much I love those "things-to-read-this-weekend" round-ups that many of my favorite bloggers create. I love seeing what other people find interesting and I'm almost always guaranteed to find a hidden gem of a blog, designer, or shop that's new to me. That's when it hit me: Uh, I've found cool things on the web this week, maybe I should, like, do a post on them? So, I've decided to do just that. Each week (well, hopefully each week--you know me...!), I'll be pulling together a list of a few of the coolest, most interesting, and sparkliest things that I've seen, read, and discovered online. Hope you enjoy.
• Shorter-haired ladies get left out of the fun hair tutorials much too often. But this great braided-bun how-to on The Beauty Department was specifically created for hair that's shoulder-length or shorter. (It will work on longer hair too though.) Plus, um, how cute is it??
• Lauren of L.A. In The Bay made it look so easy to glitterize everything in sight right here. (I especially love the gold-sparkle jellies!). I can't wait to get my glitz on now.
• It took my about 2.5 seconds to fall in love with this sequined zig-zag top after spotting it on both Wendy's Lookbook and Pink Peonies. I immediately snatched it up in the beige version and can't wait to wear it. Love the flattering fit and the fact that it can be dressed up or down. I'm obsessed.
• Victoria did an amazing post on v mac & cheese with great (and simple!) steps for boosting your blog's traffic. So, so smart and useful.
• I'm a cat person through and through, so I love finding out when others are secret kitty-girls as well. That's why I loved learning this week that Grace of Stripes & Sequins is a full-fledged feline fan too, thanks to this adorable post she did on meow-worthy (sorry) items. I NEED that sweater!
• I'm always looking for easy (read: basically takes-zero-time) dishes that are healthy, but yummy. This avocado salad highlighted on A Cup of Jo looks like it will fit the bill--deliciously.