|A few Instagram moments from the week (are you following me yet?). Clockwise from top left: coolest-Christmas-wreath ever from Julep; a Grady's Cold Brew bar we set up for a pre-preschool party we threw for my daughter's new class; S and Easton; a couple of products (a.k.a. my latest "beauty editor haul!") that I brought home to try this weekend; my Little Boy Blue at the park|
So the first week of August is behind us now, but I still want to know: How the heck is it August already? Seriously. HOW. Ugh. This week was a bit of a milestone for me though, actually: First time I've ever posted here every single day! (You can thank my post-BlogHer glow for that...) Now, to round out the week, here's some fun stuff to check out. Have a great weekend!
• I love a good blazer. This one somehow manages to be both classic and a bit edgy at the same time.
• Some great tips from my friend Courtney on breaking into the beauty business.
• I was so inspired after watching this speech by Joy Cho of the fabulous Oh Joy blog that I couldn't sleep that night. I was seriously laying in bed wide awake until 2:30 a.m. because I couldn't stop the flood of ideas running through my head. Thanks a lot, Joy. (Kidding!)
• Such a stunning (not to mention easy and cheap!) beauty look.
• If you've ever wondered why British singers don't sound British when they sing (I totally have), here's why.
• At this company, a two-week summer vacation is mandatory. #jealous
• Cute cat beauty products.
• So apparently dumpster-diving for beauty products--and then filming them for a haul video--is a thing?
• Loved this quote I found via What Would Gwyneth Do. Simple and true.
• This awesome girl is close to making her awesome invention--wireless charging for mobile phones!--a reality. (How amazing will that be?)
• I want to cook this.
• Mmm. And this.
...And in case you missed it, I...
• ...auditioned for a new Tyra Banks TV show.
• ...shared what really happens at a blog conference.
• ...found a copycat version of a great Atlantic-Pacific outfit...for my preschooler.
• ...drooled over some gorgeous new jewelry.