|Photo via the very talented Design Eat Repeat (you can order a free printable of this cute print here)|
Speaking of candy, I am pretty proud of myself. For the first time ever, this season, I a) bought candy I dislike so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it all (apologies to the kids in my neighborhood for all the Oh Henry bars you'll be getting). And b) bought my candy at the very last minute so that I didn't spend the entire month of October slowly picking my way through the bags of Tootsie Rolls and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups until I have to go back to the store the day before Halloween anyway to buy more candy since I already ate everything.
All bets are off when my kids come home with their overflowing treat bags though. Pray for me!
Whatever you're doing, have a great weekend! Here are some fun links to start you off.
• If you know anyone dressing up as Elsa tonight (and, since it's the #1 costume, most of you probably do!), don't forget to Instagram the photo and tag it #ShowMeYourElsa to enter my contest!
• How perfect are these sparkly flats? Love that the price isn't too, too crazy.
• Halloween in the '70s vs. Halloween today.
• I love a good spiral journal and this gold-striped one is just great.
• My friend Sophie at Allure had a pro do her makeup for this Maleficent costume. How awesome is it??
• Um, how is this adorable vegan leather skirt only $29?! Very limited sizes left, but if yours is still available, snatch it up!!
• This piece on Billy Joel's three failed marriages is fascinating.
• Are you the "default parent?" In most situations, I'm the default parent. If you are too, you'll find this article amazing. I did.
• Design-your-own sweatshirts! How cool are these?
• I knew a lot of this already from watching this incredible movie, but still, I loved it when John Oliver rips into Big Sugar in this video.
• Unborn animals in the womb. Craaaazy!
And in case you missed it, this week I...
• Shared the best people to follow on Instagram.
• Launched my #ShowMeYourElsa costume contest!