|From top left: A gorgeous display of sparkly shoes in the Brides fashion closet; pretty little arrangement from @TTHblooms; David Babaii (Gwyneth's hairstylist!), me, and my fresh blowout; my "inbox" in the beauty closet at work (crazy, right?)|
This week was relatively slow for me, which--after weeks of craziness--felt nice. And now I have basically no plans for this weekend, which feels even nicer. (Though, let's be honest: When you have kids, "no plans" means something very different than when you don't have kids!) I'm hoping to try a new Paleo recipe or two, and I'm really, really hoping to squeeze in a showing of Gone Girl (have you seen it? is it good?). What are you guys up to this weekend? Tell me below and make me jealous! ;)
Whatever it is, have a great weekend!
• Speaking of Gone Girl, if you loved the book and have been dying to find another one like it, here are seven more books that promise to satisfy that itch.
• I went a little sweater crazy at J.Crew this week. Bought this one (in pebble graphite), this one (in heather river), this one (in ivory), and this one (in black--it's one of my favorite sweaters of all time. I live in it almost year round, but my old one has a hole now.) Then, this morning, I see that they are all now ON SALE 25 PERCENT OFF AND I AM ANNOYED. But good news for you: Turns out, ALL women's clothes are now 25 percent off with the code STYLETIME, plus there is FREE SHIPPING TODAY ONLY. Go nuts! (I'll be over here crying. And probably going back on J.Crew to spend more...!)
• Personally guilty of many of these, including the Method Hand Wash in Sweet Water (which, by the way, IS THE BEST HAND SOAP EVER): 17 Things No Human Can Resist Buying From Target. (Thanks, Jessica!)
• When Brooke Shields does your eyebrows
• Earlier this week, I shared that I've been on the Paleo diet for the last month. And I'm definitely not the only one.
• This piece on the personal cost of personal blogging made some interesting points. And this part made me chuckle: "If your life is busy enough to be 'interesting,' chances are it's also too busy to maintain a blog." (Eek! So I must be less interesting than I thought?! Haha.)
• Love this look (hair, makeup, everything) on Karlie Kloss. So stunning.
• I love good behind-the-scenes blogging tips and this one is fun: How to Photograph Ice Cream Before It Melts
• Whether you're a parent or not, this piece about how Gen X'ers are really the first generation to parent in a world where their kids were born into technology will likely really make you think. I kept coming back to this line in particular: "Would the kids in The Breakfast Club even talk to each other if they found themselves in a Saturday morning detention today, or would they spend all their time on their phone, texting their friends and tweeting about how lame it was and never actually make eye contact with one another?"
• I totally want to try making homemade pumpkin spice play dough. (Yes, really!)
• In the U.K., McDonalds serves organic milk and carrot sticks, and Pizza Hut offers free salads. America, we're doing fast food wrong.
• DIY. Donut. Pumpkins. Okay, that's adorable. (Thanks, Laura!)
And, in case you missed it, this week I...
• Shared photos and party ideas from my son's "Ahoy Nate-y!" first birthday bash.
• Revealed my top six, can't-live-without-them, super-delicious healthy snacks.
• Gave a glimpse into the dreamy makeup from the Chanel show.