|From top left: The calm before the Brides beauty sale storm; a view of Times Square from my office; evidence of my awesome parenting; cool new lineup of products launching from Jergens next year|
This weekend I'm looking forward to going out to dinner with friends, lots of family time, and a much-anticipated trip to a suburban Whole Foods, which is honestly SO EXCITING. (When you live in NYC for over ten years, real grocery stores are basically Disneyland.)
Here are a few fun things in the meantime. Enjoy and have a great weekend!
• Perfect gift alert! >> Ciate does a new version of this nail polish advent calendar every year, and when it arrives in the office, without fail, all of us beauty editors swoon. The colors are great, the value is fantastic, and really, is there anything cuter than diminutive bottles of nail lacquer?
• I live for a good boyfriend cardigan. Can't believe this one is $22!
• How pretty is this anti-aging, skin-softening face mask?
• Why you should move to a city where you don't know anyone. (I did this multiple times in my 20s and am so glad I did.)
• The secret language of tween girls on Instagram (a.k.a. yet another reason I'm glad we didn't have social media when I was in high school).
• Nice roundup of winter vests from Katie.
• Getting this up close and personal with a lynx would be SO cool...provided I was inside like this person.
• These adoption photos are so beautiful.
And in case you missed it, this week I...
• Showed off my weekend wardrobe. (Hint: It's all about the boots.)
• Gave a sneak peek at the new issue of my magazine.
• Shared my 5 Rules For Life.