|Post-Christmas blowout; hard at work unwrapping presents on Christmas morning; stockings hung by the chimney with care; one serious Elmo fan...holding his new Elmo's hand|
This will be brief, but I just wanted to check in quickly with a short links post! I hope you had a wonderful holiday (mine was great--but tiring!). You too? Here's some fun stuff to read while you're recovering. :)
• Sephora is having a sale right now, which is so rare! (Use code EXTRA20 by Thursday 1/1/15 for an additional 20 percent off!) Here are a few favorites of mine that are part of the sale: 1) Stila Kitten Eyeshadow: If you're looking for a shimmery shadow for New Year's Eve (or every day!), this pinky-nude one is my all-time favorite. It looks good on absolutely everybody and it's got a gorgeous sheen that feels special--but still subtle enough for every day. 2) Ciate Mini Mani Advent Calendar: This is always one of my favorite gifts, and now that it's on sale, the value is even more incredible: 24 mini bottles of fancy nail polish for less than $2 each! 3) Tarte Golden Days & Sultry Night palette: This collection of shadows is so pretty! Exactly what you want to wear on vacation...or a hot date.
• The year in magazines.
• The best beauty moments of 2014.
• I made this three-ingredient appetizer on Christmas Eve, and it was so easy (like stupid easy), and so. freaking. delicious.
• Ice, ice, baby: These "frozen" hotel rooms are incredible.
• The nipple-less, white-tank-top clad women of Rolling Stone magazine.
• If there's still one jerk left on your list (or you just want a good laugh), check out this gift guide for assholes.
• If you were (or are!) a fan of the '80s movie Clue (I haven't seen it in years, but used to love it!), you'll get a kick out of this super interesting, incredibly in-depth feature on the craziness that went into the making of the movie.
• 15 amazing photographs. (Love the orangutan holding the leaf umbrella!)
And in case you missed it, this week I...
• Showed the embarrassing photo that we came thisclose to using for our holiday card.
• Shared the holiday card we actually ended up going with.
• Talked Christmas Eve traditions.