|photo via Glamboxes|
My birthday is tomorrow! Yes, I'm a Valentine's baby, which throughout my life, has vacillated between being a blessing and a curse. Word on the street is that the day will start off with breakfast in bed, followed later on by a sure-to-be-heavy-on-the-sprinkles-and-gel-frosting cake. I actually said I didn't want a cake this year (#healthy), but this seriously distressed my cake-decorating-loving daughter so...there will be cake.
We'll hang out as a family and then head to dinner that night. Sunday is supposed to be single-digits cold, so I'll be hibernating. (And by "hibernating" I mean "trapped inside with two bored children and not actually sleeping but how awesome would that be.")
Have a great weekend! Here are some fun links to check out...
• This dress is SO pretty, SO feminine, SO spring-y, and the shape is super flattering. (And surprisingly reasonably priced!) Get in my closet.
• Also loving this dress. The bright pink color is gorgeous and I feel like I'd get so much use out of it.
• I'm reading this much-hyped book right now. Have you read it yet? Seriously, I CANNOT PUT IT DOWN!
• This made me think (and made me want to do better): How we unintentionally hurt our kids when we respond to them the wrong way.
• Khloe and Kim Kardashian talked to me about wedding hair.
• I freaking LOVE Cindy Crawford (and Marie Claire) for doing this.
• Here's a phenomenal read about our culture's current penchant for online shaming--and how one dumb tweet can alter your life immensely. (h/t Laura)
• These sunglasses though! (I'm clearly on a major pink kick right now...)
• The worst errands to run with kids. Yep.
• This hack for putting on a duvet cover BLEW MY MIND.
• When four sisters share one bedroom.
• This is such a good, simple idea: Teach kids kindness by having them make cards for sick children.
• What this woman has to endure just because of her job is insane. And why is no one doing anything about it?!
• Videos of soldiers surprise-reuniting with kids always get me. I cried about 2.5 seconds into this video and didn't stop until the end.
And in case you missed it, this week I...
• Gave Starbucks a piece of my mind.
• Shared some Valentine's-inspired fashion and beauty favorites.