See this (not so) little one above? Hard to believe, but it's her 5th birthday this weekend! And that means it's 5th birthday party time. (a.k.a. Alyssa Totally Overdoes It Time) So, for the next few days I'm going to be stuck in a mermaid-themed haze of favor-stuffing, gluing, wrapping, banner-hanging, baking, decorating, and praying that "Ariel" doesn't have trouble finding parking. (Because Anna and Elsa were on the naughty list last year.) Photos to come...
Have a great weekend. Here's a few fun links!
• I have a new column on Brides.com! Check out some of my favorite beauty finds of the past week.
• These heels are so pretty and spring-y. I love the chunky heel, which makes them infinitely more comfortable.
• The prettiest eye shadow palette ever.
• Did you watch the Vice special, Killing Cancer? If not, watch it on On Demand--or online right here--right now. It's incredible.
• So funny. Smug standing-desk people are the worst.
• Grace's recipe for bacon jam sounds all kinds of awesome.
• The best and worst of March fashion magazines. (Some of these made me laugh out loud...)
• This is the oldest surviving film footage of New York City. (Very cool if you're into history, as I am.)
• A serious party-balloon fail.
• These waffle iron hacks are awesome. I want to make the cinnamon rolls so badly!
• This made me giggle: If grandma's vintage McCall's patterns could talk.
• One woman apologizes to all the mothers she worked with before having kids. Because she sure is singing a different tune now.
• 10 processed foods you should never feed your kids. (Oops.)
• These free Easter templates for EOS lip balms are so cute.
• Love this tour of crumbling, abandoned homes.
• Why you should stop bathing your kids every night. (I like this because it makes me feel way less guilty about the times we end up skipping the bath!)
• Curt Schilling's response to his daughter being harassed online is pretty great.
• Tagalong. Cookie. Bars.
• Here's what happens when a pro hairstylist tries the Kardashian Beauty products.
And in case you missed it, this week I...
• Talked about why I've been thinking about leaving New York City.
• Gave a sneak peek at some award-winning beauty products.
• Gushed over the cutest new beauty line ever.