|via Studio DIY|
So recently, one of my posts (this one--about the middle of the night struggle when your kids won't sleep) was featured on the Today Show's parenting site. Apparently it's been doing really well there, which is so exciting! (I was told that it has reached over 4 million people so far, which let's just say, is a few more people than are going to read this post right here...!)
I had been avoiding the comments so far, but finally let myself read them today. The vast majority are really sweet--people talk about how the post made them cry, or how it makes them miss those days with their now-grown kids--and that means a lot to me. Some are definitely negative/mean. And a few are just so bizarre. Here's my favorite weird one so far: A woman is pissed at me for swearing (or, really for using euphemisms for swear words) in my post. But the best part is that she apparently thinks I'm a parenting magazine that has been around for years? Which magazine am I? I'm dying to know!
"Highly disappointed that a magazine that has been around for years and has always had a good clean forefront has to stoop to the level of using "eff and OMFG" to "try" to spice of their story. You just spiced me from ever buying another parent magazine. Forming to the ways of the world doesnt make it cool or right!!!! How Sad!"
Anyway, if you found me through Today Parents, welcome! I'm so glad you're here. If you were following me before, well, congrats: That makes you an official Sparkly Life OG.
Have a great weekend! I'll be spending mine stuffing Easter baskets...and then trying to keep my kids from devouring too much candy. Here's a few fun links. Enjoy!
• Can't stop thinking about this summery jumper. Such a chic, cool twist on the LWD
• Three products I'm loving right now: a great neutral lip crayon, the fanciest lip balm, and one seriously transformative brightening shampoo.
• This floral skirt is so pretty...and, somehow, it's under $70!
• When you get hate mail...about your hair.
• The all-time most incredible wedding photos.
• These crows brought gifts to a little girl who fed them. Weirdly sweet.
• These color photos from 1928 (!) are so crazy. You're so used to seeing old time photos in black and white; it's amazing how color makes the people seem so much more "real."
• Glitter ice cream paddles!
• Being poor is hard enough without being told what you can and can't eat.
• The most insane gymnastics routine ever. Some of these things don't even seem humanly possible.
And in case you missed it, this week I...
• Shared my friend Courtney's insanely awesome (and, ok, kind of just plain insane) skin-care secrets.
• Played an April Fool's joke on you. (At least one person fell for it though, so I'm kind of embarrassed about what that says about me...!)