|My Paintbox manicure from the Jurlique event this week (celebrating the brand's 30th anniversary...and their luxe rose had cream)|
Had a great week at work this week full of lots of beauty events and appointments (Avon, Lisa Hoffman, June Jacobs, Mark, Deborah Lippmann, and Marc Anthony to name a few), which is always fun. And then yesterday, I got a KILLER blowout while checking out RPZL, the cool new blowout and extensions (!) salon in the Flatiron District here in NYC. Tough job, I know.
In other news, my daughter survived her first week of summer camp! (And I survived getting her dressed and ready to go an hour earlier than usual every day.)
Are you doing anything fun this weekend? It's supposed to rain basically the whole time here. Boo! Hope you have better weather wherever you are. Here's a few fun links if you feel like procrastinating today. ;)
Have a great weekend!
• Well, hello, perfect little summer day dress that is under $100. GET IN MY CLOSET!
• This gorgeous collection of 12 neutral shadows (the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette) is my favorite thing right now. I love that EVERY color is awesome and also totally wearable. (Beats most palettes where you're inevitably stuck with two good shades that you use up in no time, and like, ten duds that you never touch. )
• Right now I'm reading The Knockoff, a lighthearted novel about fashion magazines in the digital age. It's definitely a bit chick-lit-ier than the type of book I normally gravitate to, but it seems like everyone in the magazine business is talking about it right now so I had to see what all the fuss is about. So far, it's a fun, easy, and funny read--definitely perfect for light vacation reading! (Oh! And right before this, I finished Bittersweet, which I mentioned last week. It was great!)
• So proud to work at Brides right now! Check out this video in honor of marriage quality. (Get your tissues ready!)
• Two INSANE examples of the power of contouring: You just have to see this one and this one.
• So cool: Michael Jackson's "Beat It"--on an acoustic guitar.
• The five most annoying things people without kids say to people with kids.
• Are you guys following the Dilfs_of_Disneyland Instagram account? Get on that. You'll thank me later.
• There are now countless "smart devices" available for your baby. Here's why you shouldn't use them.
• I totally want to try making these breakfast popsicles! Hopefully they'll fool my picky eaters into eating something besides pancakes and Cheerios.
• Funny old school computer ad.
• Hair ties for dudes!
• And in case you missed it, this week I...did an outfit post for the first time in for-EVER! The dress (and the bag) are the best, people. Trust.