Friday, June 19, 2015
18 Cool Things You Need to Click On Today
As I mentioned recently, we're currently working on our big fall beauty issue, so things are busy. This week was no exception--I was editing and writing like crazy. (But finally finished writing the big story that has been hanging over my head for weeks! Woot!) This weekend, my parents and brothers are in town (yay!) and my husband and I and some friends are hosting a fundraising social for my daughter's school. So today will be full of some frantic last-minute prep for that, as well as a MUCH NEEDED haircut and color appointment. See you soon Matt and Will! #byebyegrays #andsplitends
What are you guys up to this weekend? Hope it's a good one. Here's some fun links to check it in the meantime.
• SO proud of my friends at Munchkin (makers of awesome baby products). For the next 12 days, they will be donating 100 percent (!!) of all proceeds from products purchased on Munchkin.com to The Charlotte and Gwenyth Gray Foundation in their fight to cure the unimaginably horrible disease Batten. If you don't know what Batten is, please watch this video. It's truly devastating and I love that Munchkin is stepping up in such a big way. So, if you need to stock up on baby gear--or need a baby shower gift--this is your place to shop this week, people! May I suggest this, this, or this--all major favorites in my family.
• Currently reading this book after I saw it recommended on Goop. (I'm such a sucker.) But I'm loving it! Great, summery beach read.
• I kind of want to live in this comfy-cute dress all summer long. And it's now 40 percent off!
• Loved this piece about being a tired mom who never feels like you're doing quite enough. These lines sum it up and are some of my favorite: "No one wants to talk about their shortcomings as a mommy. No one wants to admit when they fail, unless it's an epic fail that they can joke about and flaunt all over social media. No mommy truthfully ever says "I'm just so tired from being a mommy." Because we can't, because it's not expected."
• Why working out isn't the key to weight loss.
• As someone who once had to pump in a Starbucks bathroom while at an out-of-town business meeting (yep), I thoroughly enjoyed this piece on pumping while fundraising through Silicon Valley.
• How to do the most good with your charity dollars: This was a fascinating piece on the concept of effective altruism.
• This massage treatment has been described as "shockingly grotesque." I WANT TO TRY IT!!!
• These photos show exactly what it's like to be a Type B personality like me. (h/t Dana, another proud Type B)
• Currently experiencing NYC rooftop cottage envy thanks to this one and this one. Amazing!
• That time I Instagrammed a shot of me wearing a luxe new skincare mask, and everyone thought I was sticking my face through a pair of crotchless panties.
• What a smart idea!
• These spaghetti and meatballs tacos look gross, yes, but also sooo good.
• Something that will really make you think: Why are shooters of color called "terrorists" or "thugs" but white gunmen are "mentally ill?"
• The ugliest shoes on the planet.
And in case you missed it, this week I...
• Shared my lazy-girl tips for outdoor entertaining.
• Wondered if my kid watches the iPad too much, (Spoiler alert: She does.)
• Gave a fun little peek into my son's second birthday party.
Have a great weekend!