|My nanny wheeled my son into the blowout bar last week to wait for me while I finished my appointment. He was VERY freaked out and totally confused about what the hell the hairstylist was doing to my head. :)|
I usually do these round-up posts on Fridays, but I realized that I had so much good stuff that I couldn't wait! So, here I am.
Did you guys have a good weekend? Mine was pretty low key. Today is my husband's birthday, so I'm baking a cake this afternoon (and wrapping some presents!) and then heading into the city for a fun dinner tonight.
Hope your Monday is off to a good start. Here's some fun links to check out while you're (inevitably) procastinating today.
• 6 great podcasts you can listen to with your kids.
• If you're obsessed with Making a Murderer, here's a brilliant, hilarious look at the hairstyles on the show.
• I made this soup last night and it was SO good and SO easy. It took literally 15 minutes. (And yes, it's the same one Cup of Jo raved about last week!)
• An unapologetic essay from a woman who buys makeup, uses it, and then returns it. (Spoiler alert: She's a disgusting human being.)
• I related to this so much: I Had to Stop Splurging On My Son.
• A great read if you're wondering what the heck to do with your life (i.e. you're human): Why "What do I want" is the wrong question to ask yourself.
• I (and eight other bloggers) talked to Women's Health about some of the beauty trends we're most lookng forward to trying in 2016.
• When you can't afford childcare, you get creative.
• We are definitely guilty of underestimating the chores that our kids can do.
• The Seinfeld phrases that turned into cultural phenomenons.
• From the walls and walls of windows to the "wine mine," Oprah's new Colorado home is insane.
• A dialect coach rates foreign TV actors' American accents. (Um, I didn't even know some of these people--like the guy who plays Matt Jamison on The Leftovers--weren't American!)
• Dressing for myself, not my selfie.
• For my marketing and PR friends: This is a great read on the changing world of influencer marketing.
• I have two siblings, so I couldn't relate to this personally, but I still found it to be a very interesting read: Being An Only Child Was Great--It's Being An Only Adult That Sucks.
And in case you missed it, I...
• Appeared on The Lifestyle Edit talking career, beauty, mentors, and more.
• Asked my BFF to write an op-ed about skinny women in Hollywood.
• Wished you Happy New Year...from my hair.
• Gave a peek at my New Year's cards.
• Shared my most popular blog posts of 2015.