|Gym class; fresh haircolor--and a blowout; a poolside (non-alcoholic!) drink; a sugary surprise from a sweet friend|
I had so many links this week that I may be back over the weekend with another Cool Clicks post. In the meantime, enjoy this one. Have a great weekend!
• If you need a great bathing suit for an upcoming vacation, or just want to get a jumpstart on summer, this is the suit you need. I own the navy version and am seriously considering getting this gray one. It is so cute on, and the clever design is super flattering--those white panels on the side totally make you look ten pounds lighter. Highly recommended!
• How gorgeous are these gold gown paintings by artist Katie Rodgers? I want one so bad for my daughter's room!
• Banana Republic is having a sale! 30 percent off through tomorrow (Saturday) with code BRBLUE. As I've mentioned before, Banana is killing it right now. I have my eye on these gray skinny jeans, this slouchy top, and this long, striped sweater.
• In defense of Gwyneth's $21,000 a month beauty routine.
• "Am I Still A Mom?" This story made me bawl at work.
• You know all those 30 Under 30 lists that make you feel unaccomplished...and old? Here's a funny take on them: 3 Under 3.
• I don't know the woman who wrote this blowout article, but I seriously feel like every word could have been written by me. #hairsoulmate
• Loved this honest, incredibly interesting interview with former Lucky magazine editor in chief, Kim France about getting fired--and lots more. (And feeling so fortunate that I had the chance to work with this super talented woman there back in the day!)
• This piece on fashion trends to leave behind in 2015 is so funny. Loved this part about "excessively destroyed" jeans: "
• Interesting read: A woman gets pregnant during a one night stand and decides not to tell the father about the kid. There are over 2,000 comments on this article and I keep going back and forth on how I feel about it.
• Looking for a new book to read? Dana has some great recommendations.
• The 25 dumbest tweets of 2014.
• Hate-reading and jealousy on the internet. (h/t Felicia)
• Mega hairstylist Chris McMillan (the go-to for Jennifer Aniston--and a zillion other celebs) gave Selma Blair's son his first haircut! If I lived in L.A. (and was famous), I'd so want him to cut my son's hair for the first time, too.
• Thought-provoking: "Don't Pray For Me Or My Unborn Children."
• What happens when male celebs are asked the same fluffy questions that female celebs usually hear on the red carpet?
• A little love for Hoboken (my town!) in the New York Times.
And in case you missed it, this week I...
• Talked about the least relaxing vacation of all time.
• Counted down the ten most popular blog posts of 2014.
• Shared some good-hair-day selfies.