Geez. What a week, right? I'm officially spent. You too? Well, in this post, I'm going to go into complete denial for a moment and focus on the fun, easy-breezy links below. Consider them an escape from your cable-news haze--and my gift to you. #hugs
• In breaking (shallow) news: I got a haircut! That's a pic of it above. Jon Reyman at Spoke & Weal salon in Soho did the cut. (And Courtney covered my gray!) It's over three inches shorter now (eek!), which honestly, I kind of freaked out about immediately afterwards. But it feels so much healthier and way cooler. I'm loving it.
• I recently bought this long cardigan with faux-leather patches on the sleeves. It's great--and it's now on sale for only $65. Scoop it up, people!!
• I also recently bought a new winter coat. I went with this one from J.Crew and I love it. It looks really nice with both jeans and dresses, it comes in so many good colors, and it's (surprisingly!) really, really, warm. Best part: It's also on sale right now. Run and scoop it up!
• Speaking of J.Crew, I've sung the praises of their Tippi sweater many times. (Flattering, goes with everything, can work casually or more dressed up, comes in a million colors, etc etc) I buy a few new ones every year. This year, I'll scoop up a solid color or two, but I also have my eye on this one with its cool Fair Isle pattern. And the Tippi sweaters are on sale right now, too!
• How amazing is this shiny silver skirt? And it's under $100!
• Can someone buy me this gorgeous emerald-green bag? Kthanxbye.
• This cute sweatshirt is the story of my life.
• Have you heard of Function of Beauty? I went to an event for them yesterday. It's this cool company that lets you personalize your shampoo and conditioner, choosing everything from the benefits it offers (frizz-control, color protection, extra conditioning, etc) to the color and scent of the product. It's such an interesting concept. You can check it out here, or if you live in New York City, you can visit their pop-up shop at 219 Mulberry Street in Nolita, which is going on through November 16.
• This dad turned his kid's art into reality. So cool!
And in case you missed it, I...
• Struggled with how to tell my daughter about the election results.
• Appeared (briefly!) in a political video.
SHOP THE POST