Friday, March 10, 2017
18 Cool Things You Need to Click On Today
This week, man. It started with my son taking a nosedive at the park and getting this shiner. (He's fine!) And ever since--unrelated to my son's smoky eye--I've just been a big time stressball. Not only do I have a major deadline for a huge, complicated story rapidly approaching, I've also been planning my daughter's seventh birthday party, which takes place tomorrow (eek!).
So, I'm stopping here briefly to drop some links and say hi (hi!), then I'll head back to stalking sources for my story and furiously prepping favors for the par-tay.
Whatever you're up to this weekend, I hope you'll make it a good one! Here's some fun stuff to check out in the meantime.
• This Banana Republic dress is so pretty. I love the '20s vibe of the silhouette and it looks so flattering, right? And right now you can get 50% off (score!) with code BRFAMILY.
• This striped Anthro dress is just so cheery and fun.
• And this rainbow dress (for the kiddos!) is absolutely adorable. (Get 30% off with code JOY30.)
• Are you watching Big Little Lies on HBO? Please say you're watching it. It is SO. FREAKING GOOD. The acting is incredible (it's a career performance for Reese Witherspoon, for sure), the homes are insanely gorgeous (major real-estate porn), and the story itself is funny and captivating. And if you haven't read the book, I highly recommend that as well. (It's a quick, really fun read, so tear through that first if you haven't started watching the series yet.)
• Tory Burch one-pieces are my absolute favorite bathing suits. (They're not cheap, but they are really great quality, super flattering, and so cute!) This green one is next on my list.
• There was a fun beauty chat with Laura Dern in the New York Times recently. She raved about this Chanel lip crayon in Rose Violine, so now I'm dying to try it! (I'm not necessarily a die hard Laura Dern fan, but I love any lipcolor that's "your lips but better," any good lip crayon, and of course, anything Chanel.)
• Loved these hacks for getting the Anthropologie home look for less. (This patterned door knob DIY is particularly amazing.)
• If you need a good cry, here you go. A dying woman tells you why you should marry her husband after she's gone.
• Random NYC real-estate news: So, there's this little cottage on top of a building in the Village that you can see from the street that I've always been obsessed with. Well, it's now available for rent! Only problem: Someone is going to need to give me the $19,000 every single month for rent. (Ugh.)
• Love this column from Dear Polly called "Am I Pretty?" Especially loved this section: "Our culture demands that women make an effort to look good, and then it demeans us for doing so. We’re either slobs or we’re high-maintenance girly girls. We are letting it all go as we age or we’re sad cougars chasing our youth." Sad but oh so true.
• In the moment, many of us have struggled with whether we should give money to panhandlers. (Will it just encourage them? Will they buy beer instead of food?) I know I have. That's why I loved this simple advice from the Pope (!) about what to do in these situations.
• Amber Rose's beauty routine was fun to read. She dyes her hair every four days!
• Why you shouldn't get your daughter's ears pierced at the mall. (FYI, I kind of love this, but my daughter never would have gone for it. We got hers pierced at Claire's in, yes, the mall.)
• This video of a baby moving in mom's belly is craaaazy.
And in case you missed it, I...
• Confessed about my own post-partum hair thinning.
• Revealed the four best drugstore mascaras.
• Shared pictures from our (kid-free!) vacation in St. Lucia.
• Cried my way through my daughter turning seven years old.