|My Paintbox manicure courtesy of Arm & Hammer (for more details on the design--it's from Paintbox's new bridal menu!--check out my column on brides.com later today)|
I hate winter. Seriously. Can it just be spring already? Ugh. But when I'm not bitching about the cold this weekend, I'm going to be prepping for my daughter's upcoming birthday party (those mermaid cupcake toppers aren't going to make themselves!), and hopefully squeezing in a bang trim for her as well as a first haircut (squeeee!) for my (currently very shaggy) son.
I hope you have an awesome--and warm--weekend. Here's a few fun links!
• These sandals are gorgeous. The touch of metallic adds such a fun twist to an otherwise simple style.
• I've been wanting a tassel necklace. And this one would be so perfect to wear with maxi dresses, right?
• I just ordered this pretty floral dress earlier this week. Love that it can work for the office, dinner, drinks--anything. (Can you tell I have warm weather on the brain?)
• These birthstone art prints from Minted are so beautiful--and such a fun, different idea. I really want the aquamarine design for the (someday-to-actually-happen) gallery wall in my daughter's room!
• Remember when I was sad about Starbucks starting to offer coconut milk...that is loaded in sugar? Well, now the brilliant nutritionist Lauren Slayton over at Foodtrainers has details on exactly how sketchy it is. (Thanks for the mention, Lauren!)
• This entire ghost town is up for sale! Here's praying whoever buys it doesn't just knock it down. God, I would love to explore those old Victorian buildings. (Not alone though!)
• A look at how some local governments are cracking down on the societal scourge known as the FREE NEIGHBORLY BOOK EXCHANGE. Gee, it's a good thing these cities don't have anything else to worry about! #sarcasm (h/t Felicia)
• How one pharmaceutical company is charging $84,000 for a drug that costs less than $300 to produce. Also known as: why pharmaceutical companies are THE WORST.
• This video is hilarious: what happens when a baby teaches a dance class. (Dying to know what that little kid was thinking!)
• Jennifer Lawrence looks incredible in the new Dior ads.
• The clever moms who came out with that hilarious Blank Space parody a few months back have a funny new video: all about spending your family vacation posing the perfect Instagram shot. #guilty
And in case you missed it, this week I...
• Talked openly about the very real struggle that us moms experience around 3 a.m.
• Gave a peek into a fun mommy-daughter morning filled with shopping, braids, and brunch.
• Shared the pretty spring fashion finds that I cannot wait to wear.